This antioxidant keeps you healthy by boosting your immune system. Your own body produces but as you age, your body produces less of it. This super antioxidant is called glutathione. It is formed from proteins and amino acids. And it contains sulfur chemical groups. Glutathione attracts and traps toxins and free radicals in your body… and then flushes them out.
How Glutathione Works
It helps boost all the other antioxidants. Glutathione repairs free radical damage. It protects our cells and maintains healthy energy metabolism. Plus, it’s always working to detox our bodies. All the toxins in our bodies stick to glutathione, and it transports them into bile and waste… which we excrete from our bodies.
But again as we age… or get bombarded with toxins and oxidative stress, our glutathione levels weaken, we can’t flush out toxins… or fight free radicals or infection. A leading medical journal reports that the lowest levels of glutathione levels are found in hospitalized seniors. The highest levels are recorded in healthy young people who exercise regularly and live a healthy lifestyle.
There are three options for increasing your levels. These include diet, exercise, and supplements.
Plenty of healthy foods help your body to produce more glutathione.
The best foods are those rich in sulfur. Your best bets are garlic, onions, and cruciferous vegetables. These include:
Daily exercise helps your body to produce more glutathione. Modest cardio exercise combined with light resistance training can help you kick-start production.
Start with 20 minutes of cardio, every day. You can try 20 minutes of any activity that appeals to you, including:
On alternate days, he recommends 15 – 20 minutes of light strength-training exercises.
Five Supplements to Boost Your Levels
The five best supplements that boost glutathione production include:
1. Methylation nutrients. These nutrients are your best option for boosting glutathione production. They include folate, vitamin B6, and vitamin B12. When taking these supplements, you should make sure that you take folate in the active form of 5 methyltetrahydrofolate; B6 in the active form of P5P; and B12 in the active form of methylcobalamin.
2. Alpha lipoic acid. This is an essential supplement for cell health. It boosts energy production and detoxes your body. It also controls blood sugar and protects your brain. While our bodies make this nutrient naturally, our levels decrease under stress.
3. Selenium. This mineral helps to produce new glutathione.
4. Vitamins C and E. Both of these antioxidants, when working together, help to boost glutathione’s ability to recycle other antioxidants.
5. Milk thistle. This simple herb not only boosts glutathione levels… it also fights liver disease.
When taken together, these supplements help to rebuild your glutathione levels. And high glutathione levels are your best defense against disease and aging.
Go to www.DrJeffreyTucker.meta-health.com to order supplements that contain the right anti-oxidants.