Ideal treatment for joint pain should include Pycnogenol, a pine bark extract with anti- inflammatory effects. Pycnogenol has been shown to help knee osteoarthritis, conditions that need enhanced blood flow, symptoms of menopause, and diabetics manage blood sugar levels.
Dr. Tucker recommends combining Pycnogenol (150 mg of Pycnogenol daily), glucosamine and chondroitin sulphate ( 1500 mg daily), with omega-3s( 2-3 grams daily) to reduce inflammation related to knee OA.
As we age joints tend to become less flexible, full-range movement becomes more difficult and pain and stiffness ever more apparent.
Nutrients of particular importance for healthy aging joints includes:
• Vitamin C for collagen formation;
• Omega-3 oils (from nuts, seeds, oily fish and wheat germ) for anti-inflammatory effects;
• Sulphur-containing amino acids (from some vegetables, meat, poultry, fish and dairy products) for joint cartilage health;
• Bioflavinoids (from all fruit and vegetables, and buckwheat) for anti-inflammatory effects and improved local circulation;
• Antioxidants (selenium and vitamin E) for protection against the damaging ‘free radicals’ that proliferate in the body with age;
• Zinc and copper for a range of protective benefits.
• Glucosamine sulphate for reducing pain and stiffness, increasing mobility and offsetting the joint space narrowing that typically occurs in degenerative conditions;
• Kaprex , which provides joint relief and elasticity;
In summary, to help prevent chronic joint pain and stiffness, nutritional supplements can make a big difference.
To get all of the above ingredients I recommend taking Wellness Essential JOINT FOCUS by Metagenics( www. drjeffreytucker.meta-ehealth.com)