Get Fat Out of the Fat Tissue.
You’ve gotten older, you’ve gotten fatter, and things are thrown ‘out of whack’. It’s mostly been the thrown ‘out of whack’ part that brings patients into my office. After pain relief, weight loss is the number two goal patients tell me they want. I encourage weight loss if they need too. Joints and muscles don’t hurt as much with a little weight loss – patients overall health is better.
“Do you have a weight loss strategy?” or “What’s telling your fat tissue to grow?” We may never know all the answers – could be insulin, adrenaline, and other hormones, too many carbohydrates in the diet, eating too many calories, not enough exercise, not enough sleep, and the list goes on…
I’ve had patients try every diet, diet and exercise, pills, shakes and other stuff to lose weight. What’s the latest on how you get rid of excess fat accumulation? We have new noninvasive technology to make pores in the fat cells, allowing lipids to leak out. This new technology plus what you think works, works!
You can expect 1” girth size measurement loss in 4 weeks. Call 310-444-9393 for an appointment. Are you ready to do something about it?
Dr. Jeffrey Tucker’s “ Weight Control” Program Addresses:
- Making healthy food choices
- Preventing chronic disease formation
- Improving body composition
- Reducing body fat storage
- Increasing lean muscle mass
- Reducing inflammation
- Improving blood sugar management
- Reducing hyperinsulinemia and hyperglycemia
- Increasing exercise & physical activity = gentle movement therapy & strength training
Weekly Sessions With Dr. Tucker
1. The Initial Health Consultation: Forms/Assessment/BIA
A. Objective Data Collection
B. BIA and vitals
C. Review of Findings
D. Begin Education and Health Coaching
E. Exercise recommendations
2. Meal plan/supplement recommendations
3. ‘Functional Movement Screen’ to develop personalized exercise program
4. Private Exercise session – begin free weights or kettlebell training
6. Private Exercise session
7. Private Exercise session
8. Private Exercsie session
9. Retest FMS/BIA
10. Private Exercise session
11. Retest FMS/BIA
12. Re-evaluate goals with Dr. Tucker
FMS = Functional Movement Screen
BIA = Bioimpedance Analysis
Charging for Programs
- Determine what method of payment will work best for patients.
- Determine cost of services.
- Supplements are charged for separately.
Insurance billing: Dr. Tucker’s office will bill your insurance company for the following: the office visits and exercise sessions. This will include:
Bioimpedance Analysis (BIA)
- A4556 BIA Electrodes (2 sets @ 15 each)
- Provides: Body composition, fluid distribution, phase angle
- This test can be performed as often as necessary to document changes in body fat and lean muscle mass.
To contact Dr. Tucker, call 310-473-2911. Call for an appointment and take the first step to a slender, fit, healthy body.
Supplements of whey protein (like UltraMeal from Metagenics) may improve body weight without restricting energy intakes or habitual diets in obese and overweight adults, suggests a new study by scientists from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).
Fifty-six grams of whey protein (WP) per day for six months were associated with a two percent reduction in body weight, compared to a group consuming an equal amount of calories from carbohydrates, according to findings published in the Journal of Nutrition.
The study, funded by USDA and the U.S. Whey Protein Research Consortium (USWPRC), found that the whey protein supplement was associated with a reduction in levels of a hormone called ghrelin, which is reported to serve as a hunger signal and may boost food intake.
USDA researchers wrote “habitual consumption of supplemental protein may result in improved body composition and incremental, but ultimately significant, weight-loss.”
This research is consistent with my recommendations that higher protein diets, and whey protein in particular (Metagenics UltraMeal) helps weight management and body composition.
I recommend exercise and Ultrameal shakes.
USDA researchers recruited 73 overweight and obese adults and randomly assigned them to receive two 200-calorie beverages a day, consisting of 28 grams of whey or soy protein, plus carbohydrate or carbohydrate alone per serving for 23 weeks. No other instructions were provided about diet.
At the end of the study, the researchers report that the whey protein group’s body weight was approximately four pounds lower than the carbohydrate group, and their body fat was five pounds less than the carbohydrate group.
In addition, a one-inch reduction in waist size was reported in the whey group, compared to the carbohydrate and soy protein groups.
“Short-term weight-loss requires energy restriction, and higher protein diets may assist in this acute weight reduction; however, protein supplementation, particularly WP, in overweight and obese individuals may assist in long-term maintenance of body weight without energy restriction.”
The Journal of Nutrition; Published online ahead of print.
Researchers in Belgium had 28 healthy, young men consume a diet of 50% fat — 30% more calories than they had been previously eating. Then, they divided the men into three groups: One group didn’t exercise at all; the second group performed four, strenuous hour-long workout sessions after breakfast per week; and the third group performed exactly the same exercise routine as the second, but did so before they ate breakfast.
After six weeks, the non-exercisers gained an average of six pounds. But what was striking is that the group that worked out before breakfast gained no weight, whereas the after breakfast group put on an average of three pounds.
I’ve been working out first thing in the morning for years. I have my UltraMeal protein shake after my workout as my breakfast — working out before putting food into your stomach probably causes the body to burn fat stores. It’s OK to hydrate with water while working out. Sorry to tell all those late afternoon and nightime gym goers!
Q: How do I help clients put on lean muscle while losing fat at the same time?
A: I use UltraMeal by Metagenics as a nutritional breakfast and a snack protein shake, and I teach my clients how to work out efficiently. My system is based on individual body composition analysis. I use the bioelectrical impedance analysis.
It’s not really dieting – I help clients pick the right food choices and plan positive calorie balance. This helps build muscle and burn fat. The net result over time is better body composition – we can measure the results of increased muscle and less fat.
Sometimes I use other supplements in the program to optimize hormones which improve “fat loss”. The UltraMeal seems to help direct nutrients into muscle cells and pull fat out of fat cells.
Women particularly like this program because the program avoids the classical muscle gain program problem: gaining fat along with the muscle, also known as “bulking up.” I want to see increased tone along with a lean look. I help you develop lean muscle, not bulk. The look I’m after is not that of a typical bodybuilder. I prefer a slim look.
Using UltraMeal is NATURAL.
The holidays are not that far away and I know people will start thinking about the way they want to look in the New Year. I want you to look good all year round (no “fat season” where you need two sets of clothes); you feel good standing naked in front of the mirror, and you fit in to your favorite pair of jeans.
Q: Does this program require a lot of time in the gym?
A: I give each person a personalised program. I train you knowing your specific requirements so the program fits into your schedule. The workout portion is an intense workout for some, and less intense for others. Your workout schedule could be as much as 6 days a week for up to an hour per session or 4 days a day for 30 minutes, or just 10-15 minutes per day.
I know the tricks for abbreviating workouts so you can get the most out of your time.
I change workout programs every 6-8 weeks. I know the intensity increases & decreases with each workout, depending on your energy levels…this is natural. As long as you train hard a couple days a week, and you are consistent, then you can get amazing results from just 3 -4 brief weight workouts a week.
If you are already lean and want to go all the way to ‘ripped’ then you need more advanced plans. Then I like to teach clients kettlebell training if they are not already doing this.
Between the UltraMeal, the food plan, and my training workouts, this is the most comprehensive fat loss nutrition program that I’ve developed over the last 10 years.
I can help you:
1) gain muscle while losing fat at the same time
2) gain muscle without gaining fat
Order UltraMeal @ www.DrJeffreyTucker.meta-ehealth.com
This 20-Minute Workout will build muscle up fast and loss fat:
- Learn how to blast fat, build muscle, and sculpt your entire body in just 20 minutes a day!
- These exercises are for head-to-toe conditioning.
- The workouts combine cardio and lifting routines.
I don’t waste time going to the gym. I do all of my workouts at home. Most of the routines are just three or four exercises that give you the results you want in the least amount of time.
Please do me one favor. I just want you to refer friends & family to my website. Pass the 20 Minute Workout along, but ask them to sign up for my free newsletter. I am more serious than ever about getting my health message out there! Please help me by asking friends & family to read my newsletter.
Here is the link http://www.toyourhealth.com/mpacms/tyh/article.php?id=1277
Are there supplements that can help your body utilise more fat for fuel? The answer is yes. This certainly helps as part of a weight management plan. My job is to help you find the best ‘fat burning’ supplement.
Taking a fat-burning product without first having in place a properly structured exercise program that includes plenty of aerobic exercise, and a well-balanced eating plan is a complete waste of time. That’s because the effect of even the best of these formulations is relatively small compared to exercise and diet; moreover, some of the commonly used ingredients in these products only exert any (small) effect when combined with exercise.
Ingredients that may be useful include:
- Caffeine (from various sources including guarana). Caffeine doesn’t appear to increase fat burning per se, but it can help to significantly prolong endurance exercise and reduce the perception of effort, encouraging longer workouts, thereby increasing fat oxidation.
- Conjugated Linoleic acid or CLA for short – a naturally occurring fat for which there is plenty of evidence of fat-burning enhancement;
- B-vitamins – involved in all aspect of energy metabolism;
- Citrus Aurantium an extract from oranges;
- Green Tea extract – research has demonstrated increased 24-hour energy expenditure, but it is unclear if brewed green tea leaves will do anything similar. Research on rodents also suggests improved fat use and endurance but not yet supported in humans. Research is ongoing.
Ingredients for which evidence is either lacking, very patchy, or which should be avoided for other reasons include:
- L-carnitine – very popular as L-carnitine is known to help the transport of fatty acids into cells for oxidation. However, numerous large and well controlled studies have found no benefits for taking L-carnitine;
- Ephedra/Ephedrine – naturally occurring alkaloids found in plants; effective but banned by sporting bodies such as the IOC and with the added risk of potentially fatal side-effects;
- Hydroxy Citric Acid (HCA) – a small molecule found in low concentrations in some plants, especially fruits; early studies in rodents looked promising, but very little evidence to date of any benefit in humans;
- Pyruvate – no substantive evidence to support this supplement’s role as a fat loss agent
UltraMeal Rice or UltraMeal Whey (Metagenics) shakes – 2 scoops twice daily
Ultra CLA (Metagenics) – 2 soft gels daily
Green Tea 600 (Xymogen)- 1-2 capsules daily
Protein Fusion or UltraMeal Bars are excellent snacks as well.
This article appeared in To Your Health magazine. These are fun workouts and a great fat loss exercise program!