- The new and exciting non-invasive alternative treatment to risky cortisone injections for elbow pain and instability is PiezoWave acoustic shockwave therapy.
- Tennis Elbow which is also known as lateral epicondylitis is a term for elbow tendonitis, or an inflammation, soreness, or pain on the outside (lateral) part of the upper arm near the elbow. It is usually caused by a partial tear in the tendon fibers, which connect muscle to the bone. Symptoms include elbow pain that gradually worsens and radiates outside of the elbow to the forearm and to the back of the hand. “Tennis Elbow” is more of a term – it does not just happen from playing tennis. This painful condition can result from repetitive use or overuse of the forearm muscles and tendons.
- The ‘usual’ conventional treatment has been rest, ice, compression wraps (braces) and medication for pain relief. When that doesn’t work a cortisone shot or expensive PRP or stem cell injections are recommended.
- Before expensive and risky injections, patients can now try PiezoWave acoustic shockwave therapy. This therapy stimulates blood flow and repair of the injured elbow.
- PiezoWave acoustic therapy offers a new option for the treatment of lateral epicondylitis. In comparison to risky medications, PRP, stem cell, and cortisone injections, PiezoWave treatment is a safe and effective option to reduce elbow pain and repair the elbow tendons.