Natural treatments for hemorrhoids:
– Steep 2 garlic cloves in a pot with 2 cups of water. Heat for 30 minutes and then cool before applying.
– Witch hazel extract made from the leaves and bark of the plant can be bought from a health store in the form of distilled liquid or ointment. Apply to the affected area to stop or reduce the symptoms of bleeding hemorrhoids.
– Horse chestnut is used as an herbal tea made from the bark.
– Butcher’s broom, in the form of capsules or tea, has anti-inflammatory properties which shrink the swelling of the hemorrhoids.
– Traumeel by Heels can be directly applied.
– Avoid sitting on the toilet for long periods of time and do not strain nor hold your breath when having a bowel movement. Never put off going to the toilet when you feel the need and get into the habit of having a bowel movement at the same time each day.
– Avoid sitting or standing for too long. If you work long hours at a desk, take a break every hour and walk around for 5 minutes. Make sure you get some exercise in your lunch break.
– Be careful about lifting heavy objects.
– Take a warm bath or sit in a bowl of warm water frequently. You can add a handful of salt or a few drops each of lavender and juniper essential oils. This can help reduce the swelling and shrink the hemorrhoids.
– Use ice packs or cool cotton compresses to ease the discomfort in the anal area.
– Dark colored berries such as cherries, blackberries and blueberries contain anthocyanins and proanthocyanidins. These pigments tone and strengthen the walls of hemorrhoidal veins and can minimize pain and swelling naturally.
There is even a special exercise you can do to help in the treatment of your hemorrhoids where you lie on your back on the ground with the palms of your hands flat on the floor. While breathing out, lift your buttocks off the floor and bring your knees to your chest. Then raise your hips and buttocks towards the ceiling very slowly. With your elbows bent, place your hands on your back, stretch your feet and move them away from each other. Breathe normally and hold this position for 5 minutes. Then slowly return to your original position.
Use this exercise whenever the hemorrhoids give you pain or discomfort and you should find instant relief.
Eat a diet high in fiber including fresh fruit and vegetables, drinking plenty of liquids especially water, and exercising regularly.