There are definite healing benefits of the Deep Muscle Stimulator (DMS) therapy. Some people prefer soothing treatment and others prefer very heavy-duty deep tissue work. The DMS seems to appeal to both. I use the DMS to target those over-worked and aching parts of the your body.
Among the benefits of DMS therapy:
– dilates superficial blood vessels
– increases the rate of blood flow
– decreases blood viscosity
– increases lymph flow
– reduces post-surgical swelling and pain
– improves frozen shoulder
– reduces pain in overuse injuries of the knee
– reduces muscle spasm
– reduces muscle soreness
– prevents denervated muscle from losing bulk and contractile capability
– improves relaxation, thus accelerating physical repair.
I use the DMS on almost every client I see.